Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Book Review for "Detours" by Tony Evans

I am a part of the B&H/Lifeway Blogger team and have the privilege of reviewing new books.  This book is definitely a favorite!

This was my first book to read by Tony Evans but it won't be my last.  Every chapter in this book seemed to speak directly to me.  Tony uses detours in the life of Joseph as he is sold into slavery in Egypt and later became one of Egypt's most powerful leaders as a parallel to our lives today.  He explains detours are not dead-ends but are actually necessary to our ultimate instruction and guidance.  I have already recommended this book to several friends and family!

If you struggle with situations and circumstances going on in your life and wonder what's going on, the book Detours by Tony Evans may be a wonderful resource!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Forty —Part Deux!

A few years ago I dedicated an entry to Heather celebrating her fortieth birthday.  It was a milestone for her but also for me.   Now here I...