Friday, December 25, 2015

“Guard Your Testimony”

Passage: Revelation 12:11  They conquered him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony.”

I can’t remember not knowing or not learning about God.  From my earliest recollection I went to Sunday School, church and Bible School.  There was never a question about going to church.  My parents were very loving and our home was a happy secure place.  As I have gotten older I am more and more humbled for the blessing of my childhood.

When I was nine years old, I knew that I needed to make a definite decision about accepting Jesus as my personal Lord and Savior.  Even though I had not done anything “terrible” by the world’s standards, I knew I was a sinner.  My goodness wasn’t good enough and never would be.  Following a revival at our church on a Sunday morning, I publicly accepted Jesus as Savior.  At our church, I walked forward to meet with the pastor.  While there was no way I understood all I do know after more than fifty years of growth, I knew I needed to turn to God.  In only a way a nine year old could, I chose God. 

I continued to be raised in a Christian home.  There were difficulties and struggles.  I didn’t always make perfect decisions but the Lord continued to guide me.  I continued in Bible study throughout high school and college and dedicated my life to special service not knowing what this service might be.  I never dreamed at the time the Lord would call me to be a minister’s wife but almost forty years later here I am.  God continues to speak to me each day through His Word and through His Holy Spirit. 

I didn’t understand everything as a child.  I didn’t get how the Bible all worked together, I didn’t know a lot of Bible verses, or did I really understand what living the Christian life was like.  It doesn’t matter if you are a child, a teenager, a young adult, or a senior adult, you will never have it all together.  God doesn’t ask that you do.  He just invites you to come. 
No one can argue with your testimony.  Guard it.  Share it. 


Glory to God in the highest and on the earth peace, good will toward men.    Luke 2:14

No comments:

Post a Comment

Forty —Part Deux!

A few years ago I dedicated an entry to Heather celebrating her fortieth birthday.  It was a milestone for her but also for me.   Now here I...